BlackPool Bulletin #10
We know that our troops need to be one step ahead of the markets so our apes gathered the latest news about Play & Earn, NFTs, and Blockchain Games from the week.
This week: Tezos in the news with RESPAWN and Dogami; Tokenomics, Tokenomics, Tokenomics, the mammoth funds are coming, but so is crypto regulation and JP Morgan arrives into the Metaverse.
Table of Content:
- The Future of Gaming in Web3 by Tezos
- Strider DAO raises $3M to use blockchain DAOs
- Deconstructor of Fun: Tokenomics podcast
- Ubisoft employees are not fond of NFTs
- The gaming industry is nearly twice as large, as reported by Bitkraft VC
- The future of the Metaverse by the World Economic Forum
- The economics of Play to Earn with Economics Design
- Everai AMA Recap, first trailer and Mehdi Aouichaoui interview
- Cometh's new soundtrack: Black Hole
- Be careful of social engineering scams, anon
- Now go revoke everything, anon!
- [Baguette Only] Conspiracy theories borrow from the logic of video games
- LooksRare looks down
- Skyweaver is now available on OpenSea
- A Casino in The Sandbox, but not the one you're thinking of
- RabbitHole raised $18M in a Serie A
- Animoca overview by Forbes
- Onyx by JP Morgan, how the tables have turned
- You can now tip in ETH on Twitter
- GoG is showing more gameplay, dance moves, and a snapshot happened!
- The Dogami mint is coming soon
- Tokenomics: crowdsourced resources by Packy McCormick.
- Enjin and the impact of Web3 on society
- Crypto regulation is coming next week in the U.S
- Sequoia Capital is launching a $500M crypto fund
- The M&A race in the gaming industry by Wu Carra
- The Super Bowl ads boosted crypto app downloads by 279%
- How blockchain and NFTs enhance player experiences by 0xRyze
- The impact of blockchain in the gaming industry by Crypto Valley
- GameFi is the next trend and the 7 Gaming stack layers by Raymond Chng
1. The Future of Gaming in Web3 by Tezos
Tezos is introducing RESPAWN, a virtual gathering on the subject of the future of gaming in Web3.
2. Strider DAO raises $3M to use blockchain DAOs
Strider DAO is a DAO aiming to build the future of Web3, entertainment and games. They raised $3M to use blockchain DAOs to enable game creators.
3. Deconstructor of Fun: Tokenomics podcast
Interested in Tokenomics? The podcast Deconstructor of Fun did a series on it!
4. Ubisoft employees are not fond of NFTs
As Ubisoft posted a defense of NFTs on its internal message board, the employees push back.
5. The gaming industry is nearly twice as large as reported by Bitkraft VC
“We believe $175B remains an incomplete underestimation of gaming’s potential market size.”
6. The future of the metaverse by the World Economic Forum
Bitkraft ventures partnered with the World Economic Forum to discuss 3 technologies that will shape the metaverse.
7. The economics of Play to Earn with Economics Design
After publishing a report on P2E, Economics Design explains the details in a 25 minutes recap video.
8. Everai AMA Recap, first trailer and Mehdi Aouichaoui interview
Everai assemble! Find here the recap from the AMA.
- Official trailer drop: February 15th,
- Website launch date (week of the 21st),
- Target mint date (early March),
- Merch in the works: prints, figurines, some drip. Remember, we are all about quality.
- Content in the works: Webtoon, ARK Adventures, also, ever wonder what the ARK looks like?
- Leaked a bit about future heroes, the second one is already in the pipeline
- Interoperability between friends of Screenshot Projects and our holders
9. Cometh's new soundtrack: Black Hole
10. Be careful of social engineering scams, anon
Thomasg.eth almost got REKT by a complex social engineering scam. Be careful out there!
11. Now go revoke everything, anon!
4lteredBeast gives out some advice on how to avoid malicious contracts and scams.
12. [Baguette Only] Conspiracy theories borrow from the logic of video games
Can you read French, anon? Here is a good article by Antoine St.Epondyle, who interviewed Albert Moukheiber, a doctor in neuroscience, and Éric Viennot, a game designer about conspiracy theories and gamification.
And for the non-baguette speakers, please welcome Deepl.
13. LooksRare looks down
A series of tweets on LooksRare as a new Ponzi model by Cobie and Zachxbt.
14. Skyweaver is now available on OpenSea
Skyweaver is now on OpenSea - all the golden cards sold out in seconds!
15. A Casino in The Sandbox, but not the one you're thinking about
After Carrefour, it’s the Casino Group, a French mass-market retail group that is entering the metaverse with The Sandbox and the game experience is coming soon.
Havas is coming in too!
16. RabbitHole raised $18M in a Serie A
Rabbithole.gg just raised $18M in a Serie A to help onboard more people into Web3.
17. Animoca overview by Forbes
“There's very few times that you can feel like you can help shape an industry,” Siu says. “That's very different from seeing a rising tide and an opportunity to participate. But here, you could help shape it in the manner that, at least we think, could be a net positive for everyone.”
18. Onyx by JP Morgan, how the tables have turned
JP Morgan is entering the metaverse with Onyx and wrote a report on it (with mistakes) in it.
19. You can now tip in ETH on Twitter
Twitter is adding the possibility to tip someone in ETH, but ENS is not yet enabled.
20. GoG is showing more gameplay, dance moves, and a snapshot happened!
Guild of Guardians is showing us more gameplay:
Some dance moves:
Guardian of the Week with Daniel Xiao Wang:
Something this way comes!
21. The Dogami mint is coming soon
The Tezos based game, Dogami, will have its mint begin on the 22/02/22 for 50 XTZ.
22. Tokenomics: crowdsourced resources by Packy McCormick.
Want to know more about Tokenomics and become an expert? Packy McCormick crowdsourced a big list of Tokenomics resources for you!
23. Enjin and the impact of Web3 on society
Enjin's CTO Witek Radomsky appears in the latest Untold Stories podcast and speaks about the Metaverse.
24. Crypto regulation is coming next week in the U.S
POTUS is going all in on crypto regulation next week. And CBDC is also in the works.
25. Sequoia Capital is launching a $500M crypto fund
It seems that every big Web2 fund is coming to Web3. With good intentions? Uncertain. Loaded? Yes.
26. The M&A race in the gaming industry by Wu Carra
Web3 is the future of games and Wu Carra explains why.
27. The Super Bowl ads boosted crypto app downloads by 279%
The Super Bowl effect is real and Coinbase hit the jackpot!
28. How blockchain and NFTs enhance player experiences by 0xRyze
As usual for 0xRyze, a must-read thread.
29. The impact of blockchain in the gaming industry by Crypto Valley
Crypto Valley invited some of the leading participants from the blockchain gaming industry to discuss the impact blockchain had on the field, the intricacies of gaming law, the benefits of blockchain gaming for users, gaming economics, play to earn, and much more.
30. GameFi is the next trend and the 7 Gaming stack layers by Raymond Chng
A deeper look into the future of blockchain and GameFi by Raymond Chng.
That's all Folks! Have a great week!
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.