BlackPool Bulletin #9
This week: AssangeDAO raised more than 50 million dollars, Binance invested in Forbes, Twitch co-founder Justin Kan is all-in on gaming NFTs, and Copium Wars is teasing us with alpha and offering some gifts to our readers!
Tables of Contents :
- Nintendo and Take-Two (GTA) believe in the potential of NFTs
- Free Julien Assange : AssangeDao and PBoy NFTs
- Binance invested $200 million in the media Forbes
- Nike is suing StockX for selling unauthorised sneaker pics as NFTs
- DeFantom Menace in the U.K
- Sorare in colours by Pitti Data
- 'No, the NFT backlash is not just like free-to-play backlash' by Brendan Sinclair
- Disruptors by Delphi Digital
- Former Disney CEO is predicting NFT “explosion”
- McDonald’s predicts the market
- Blockchain Games mental model by Edward A Thomson
- NFTs are scams according to itch.io
- Game Design for sustainable Web 3.0 economies by Machinations.io
- Everything you need to know about TreasureDAO by Legion Commander
- The Cryptocurrency Iceberg explained by Pastry.eth
- GoG updates: Abilities, Roadmap, and Podcasts
- $450 million fundraise for Polygon ($MATIC)
- Everai First AMA
- Twitch co-founder, Justin Kan, is all-in on gaming NFTs
- Sandbox x Ubisoft and the Rabbids x Gucci Vault
- Sotheby's Metaverse sale: Punk it
- Lens protocol: a new Web3 social media protocol by Aave
- Copium Wars teasers and a gift for BlackPool readers.
- Skyweaver Open Beta is finally here
- On Gaming, Guild and GameFi by Joel John
- Superfluid hack - Patch, Post Mortem and $1M Bounty
- BAYC Mercato and Heidi Klum has a Punk
- Bitfinex Hack : When Mr.Robot meets reality
- Meta Worms - Inside Team17
- Tezos is the official Manchester United training kit partner
1. Nintendo and Take-Two (GTA) believe in the potential of NFTs
The video games companies Nintendo and Take-Two are interested in the Metaverse and the future of NFTs
2. Free Julien Assange : AssangeDao and PBoy NFTs
Julien Assange, the man behind Wikileaks, is at the centre of attention as people are raising money to help fight for its freedom.
AssangeDAO is a DAO formed to raise funds to help with his legal fees and campaigns.
AssangeDAO raised over 1887 ETH ($5.2 million) in a few days and the DAO has now 17 312 ETH in its possession in total.
A collaboration between PAK and Assange DAO raised 16 593.05 ETH ($50.9 Millions) with the Censored NFT collection.
The famous French artist Pascal “P Boy” Boyart also contributed to the cause with an Assange NFT airdropped to all its followers.
The particularity of it: the number of days Assange spent in Prison defined the airdropped NFT and each new day spent is a new NFT minted and randomly airdropped to one of the Dollars Assange collection holders.
3. Binance invested $200 million in the media Forbes
CZ took a $200 million stake in the U.S media Forbes.
4. Nike is suing StockX for selling unauthorised sneaker pics as NFTs
For its “vault” collection Stocks X issued NFTs of Nike sneakers. Problem : they did not have the authorisation from Nike. Solution : Lawsuit.
5. DeFantom Menace in the U.K
The 2 February, the HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) in United Kingdoms published new DeFi tax guidance which can severely damage DeFi and its users in the U.K. An informative thread by Alpha Please.
6. Sorare in colours by Pitti Data
Follow the yellow brick road as Pitti Data wrote a must read analysis thread on Sorare.
And if YNWA acknowledges it, so do we!
7. No, the NFT backlash is not just like free-to-play backlash by Brendan Sinclair
Because we want our readers to not be trapped in a thought bubble, here is an article against NFTs in games from gamesindustry.biz. An interesting read and some important points are raised by its author Brendan Sinclair.
8. Disruptors by Delphi Digital
Follow international master class seminar in a podcast with the Disruptors episodes from Delphi Digital.
9. Former Disney CEO is predicting NFT “explosion”
"When you think about all the copyright and trademarks, characters Disney has, and the NFT possibilities, they’re extraordinary" Bog Iger
10. McDonald’s predicts the market
WAGMI - We All Go (to) Mcdonald’s Internationally.
11. Blockchain Games mental model by Edward A Thomson
A well thought mental model by Edward A Thomson on blockchain gaming.
12. NFTs are scams according to itch.io
The open indie game marketplace itch.io is kinda dense against NFTS. We’ll see what the future holds.
13. Game Design for sustainable Web 3.0 economies by Machinations.io
The latest video from Machinations shows us how the app can be used to model and test different types of play & earn game economies and how to validate their sustainability.
14. Everything you need to know about TreasureDAO by Legion Commander
Legion Commander wrote a complete notion document covering TreasureDAO.
15. The Cryptocurrency Iceberg explained by Pastry.eth
Pastry.eth important thread on the different layers and barriers to understand in the blockchain space. Who wants some more desserts?
16. GoG updates : Abilities, Roadmap, and Podcasts
What a week for GoG! New special abilities, podcasts, and roadmap updates!
Morax special abilities
Miera special abilities
Nick from Guild of Guardians in the Shot2TheMoon NFT Podcast.
Howie Zhang, GoG game economy designer in Will, Lee & Andrew learn Web3.
Guardians United - Fireside Chat reflections with 0xSorcier.
Valentines Days GoG contest
17. $450 million fundraise for Polygon ($MATIC)
Sequoia led a $450 million investment in Polygon.
18. Everai First AMA
As advertised in last week's bulletin, Everai did its first AMA. You can still listen to it! Alphas, Alphas, for Everai!
19. Twitch co-founder, Justin Kan, is all-in on gaming NFTs
Former Twitch co-founder, Justin Kan, is all-in on Gaming NFTs. Are you?
He wrote a must-read thread on it.
He founded Fractal, a web3 company powering blockchain games.
20. Sandbox x Ubisoft and the Rabbids x Gucci Vault
The Rabbids invade The Sandbox in partnership with Ubisoft.
And Gucci built its vault. Wen Heist Anon?
21. Sotheby's Metaverse sale : Punk it
Sotheby’s just announced their new sale: CryptoPunks: 104 CryptoPunks. 1 Lot. A new record in perspective?
22. Lens protocol: a new Web3 social media protocol by Aave
Aave launched the Lens Protocol, a new open and composable web3 social media protocol.
23. Copium Wars teasers and a gift for BlackPool readers.
CopiumWars is teasing us with new alphas. The war between Frogs, Bears and Apes will be bloody…. !SLAY
And BlackPool has some gifts for you frens <> https://copiumwars.xyz/?vipcode=blackpool
Tony Snark salutes you and welcomes you in Shyllia.
Advice from the creator itself: The amount of hope one can gather with missions decreases over time, so suit up, we’re going to battle.
24. Skyweaver Open Beta is finally here
Your long wait is ending anon. Skyweaver is open to all with its open beta!
25. On Gaming, Guild, and GameFi by Joel John
Siddharth Jain from IndiGG and Sumanth, and Joel John try to understand why we as humans enjoy gaming so much, what the emergence of web3 means for our society and economy, and how gaming guilds could be indeed the future of gaming.
26. Superfluid hack - Patch, Post Mortem, and $1M Bounty
Superfluid’s host contract was hacked with in total 11’008 MATIC, 1’507’931 MOCA, 28 ETH, 39’357 sdam3CRV, 19’387’874 QI, 44’581 SDT, 23’653 STACK, and 562’834 USDC stolen. The vulnerability has been patched and the team quickly responded by publishing a post-mortem.
27. BAYC Mercato and Heidi Klum has a Punk
Patrick Mouratoglou, the coach of Serena Williams is part of the Bored Ape now.
Probably a good investment as he is now advertising his M project with a discord.
And Heidi Klum just bought a Punk. What a world!
28. Bitfinex Hack: When Mr.Robot meets reality
This week, the U.S government arrested two people for alleged conspiracy to launder $4.5 Billion in stolen cryptocurrency from the BitFinex Hack.
A good recap of the story by Jack Niewold.
And Julien Bouteloup is teasing the Rekt article. Wen DOJ x Rekt?
29. Meta Worms - Inside Team17
The NFTs were just the surface. More on Team17 the studio behind Meta Worms and their working conditions and management failures.
30. Tezos x Manchester United partnership
Tezos is the official Manchester United training kit partner
They did not make the cut but they deserve an evocation. WAGMI.
Frontier is getting generative PFP.
Developer DAO is helping people find Web3 jobs.
Cometh has a new soundtrack.
Luchadores Pinata Party recap. Polygon is introducing Polygon Academy.
That's all Folks! Have a great week!