BlackPool Bulletin #8
This week: Carrefour enters the Metaverse, BlackPool is partnering with Sandbox, Worms bullied out of NFTs, Sony acquired Bungie and GameStop partnered with Immutable... and dumped their tokens.
Tables of Content:
- Gwyn.eth Paltrow: Web3 Transformation Complete
- Shiba x Vitalik: The Return of $SHIBA
- BAYC Mercato
- Choose your class, your weapon, and your enemies in Big Time
- OVR is launching Map2Earn
- GOG News and Milestone
- Carrefour in the Metaverse
- Sony acquired Bungie
- Discord x PlayStation
- Alexandre Arnault bought a CryptoPunks
- Loopify on the Future of Blockchain games
- Summoning by TreasureDao is now live
- What is Footium?
- Defi Ted and its bull case for Parallel NFT and ParagonsDao
- How to secure your NFTs by Richerd
- No NFTs for MetaWorms.
- Consensys x Kavita Gupta Lawsuit
- Disney is hiring an NFT expert
- Wormhole Hack - in the metaverse no one can hear you hack
- Buildspace genesis story
- Gods Unchained is getting an update
- GameStop partnered with Immutable to build an NFT Marketplace … and dumped the tokens
- Skyweaver on Opensea
- SandBox Land security breach resolved and BlackPool Partnership
- The Metaverse is the next internet for Microsoft
- The future of NFTs by Chris Cantino
- Everai Lore & first AMA to come
- Thoughts on blockchain gaming by Joakim Achren
- $16M Indexed hack and a 19-year-old math prodigy: a story by Croissant
- Warning on NFT Mint for beginners
1. Gwyn.eth Paltrow: Web3 Transformation Complete
Gwyneth Paltrow just bought a Bored Ape. To fulfil the prophecy and be one with Web3, she needs to change her name.
2. Shiba x Vitalik: The Return of $SHIBA
Vitalik Buterin got $100M of $SHIBA back. He’s planning to deploy these funds to help fight covid.
3. BAYC Mercato
Justin Bieber bought a floor Bored Ape for 500 ETH to make it match with its song “Lonely” Lyrics.
4. Choose your class, your weapon, and your enemies in Big Time
Big Time is teasing us with 4 classes to be available when the game is out. What’s your favourite?
Meet the bad guys!
And choose your weapon...
5. OVR is launching Map2Earn
6. GOG News and Milestone
More than $15 million USD worth of GOG assets has been traded on Immutable X!
Episode 4 of the Guardians United is on Spotify!
In this week's Guardian of the Week, is time for Bruno Lelo to make an entrance!
A new legendary ability was leaked! Beware of the web(3).
7. Carrefour in the Metaverse
French Retail corporation Carrefour is entering the Metaverse as they bought a Land in Sandbox.
8. Sony acquired Bungie
Sony just acquired the studio Bungie for $3.6 billion.
9. Discord x PlayStation
You can now link your Discord to your PlayStation account!
10. Alexandre Arnault bought a CryptoPunks
Alexandre Arnault, son of Bernard Arnault, owner of LVMH, bought a Crypto Punk. Wen LVMH x Punks?
11. Loopify on the Future of Blockchain games
An interesting article by Loopify on the Future of Blockchain games.
12. Summoning by TreasureDao is now live
Summoning is live in Bridgeworld.
13. What is Footium?
Want to know more about Footium? Here’s a short explanation video:
14. Defi Ted and its bull case for Parallel NFT and ParagonsDao
"The entry point for me will be the games that capture large audiences of users focused on the game play, where the crypto element enhances that experience. The DeFi world will be found only after finding the game, and @ParagonsDAO will be the on-ramp for this audience."
15. How to secure your NFTs by Richerd
Troops! Want to be safe in the Web3 jungle? Here are some rules to live by:
16. No NFTs for MetaWorms.
The game Worms announced their NFT Plans but ended the program the next day after backlash from the community.
17. Consensys x Kavita Gupta Lawsuit
Consensys is in a lawsuit against Kavita Gupta, an ex-Consensys fund general partner.
18. Disney is hiring an NFT expert
Disney is hiring an NFT expert to lead its effort in Web3 and Metaverse.
19. Wormhole Hack - in the metaverse no one can hear you hack
$326M were hacked from wormhole this week.... Here's what happened:
Wormhole published an Incident Report:
20. Buildspace genesis story
Do you know Buildspace anon? No? Anon pls…
You still have some time to catch up and learn how buildspace was the result of a pivot the team did 6 months ago.
21. Gods Unchained is getting an update
This week Gods Unchained is getting an update with a shift in card pack rewards and the introduction of $GODS.
22. GameStop partnered with Immutable to build an NFT Marketplace … and dumped the tokens
The blockchain Immutable was chosen by GameStop to build its NFT marketplace. They are launching a $100M $IMX pool, with the intention to use it for grants to creators of NFT content and technologies.
To go deeper: the Bankless episode on the partnership.
But everything is not that perfect as it seems that GME has dumped 9M $IMX on the market that were printed and handed to them without a locking period.
Immutable tweeted about this "incident".
23. Skyweaver on Opensea
Skyweaver is announcing a partnership with Opensea! Exclusive drop coming on their homepage the 15 February!
24. SandBox Land security breach resolved and BlackPool Partnership
SandBox is taking security seriously as an issue was found. If you own Land it’s important to migrate it to the new contract.
SandBox x BlackPool
BlackPool just announced their partnership with The Sandbox and if you’re a Sandbox builder interested to help, don't hesitate to reach out!
25. The Metaverse is the next internet for Microsoft
For Microsoft, the metaverse is the next internet.
26. The future of NFTs by Chris Cantino
Chris Cantino wrote down his vision of the future of NFTs. What’s your vision?
27. Everai Lore & first AMA to come
Coming directly from their discord, here are some news from Everai! BlackPool always has your back anon. Time to gear up!
- A lot of Lore explanations. Want to know what's Eververse, The Ark, or Everglyph time to go join the discord!
- First AMA: February 7 in Twitter Space and Discord Chat - Topics: Vision of Everai, Team Intro, Expectations on the first Hero Release, and Questions from the Community
- Coming next: Website v1 Mindmap (Evermap) Mint Details
28. Thoughts on blockchain gaming by Joakim Achren
The creator of elite game developers wrote a thread on blockchain gaming.
29. $16M Indexed hack and a 19-year-old math prodigy: a story by Croissant
A thread by Croissant on the young Andean Medjedovic and one of the biggest DeFi hacks of 2021.
30. Warning on NFT Mint for beginners
NFT Ethics warns newcomers to not mint anything for the coming 2 weeks.
That's all Folks! Have a great week!