BlackPool Bulletin #13
This week: Yuga Labs acquired the CryptoPunks and Meebits collections from LarvaLabs, Immutable raised $200M, Sia is a Medici, stay vigilant when selling your Rock and we look at how to make the most out of a bear market.
Table of Contents:
- Web3 levels of innovation by Derek Lau
- The interest in NFTs and metaverse is falling, according to Google Trends
- Everai continues building, mint date announced
- Immutable raises $200M in Series C
- Jake Paul hidden crypto wallets and scams
- Stake DAO is validated once again by DefiSafety
- What is Frontier?
- How to make the most out of a bear market by The Defi Edge
- Sia is Bianca Medici
- Jason Choi sums up 50 Web3 metaverse companies' interviews
- LimeWire is relaunching as NFT Marketplace
- Ryan Selkis's thoughts about Biden's Executive Order
- The Future of Guilds and Gaming by Substreight and Gdalfz
- Lens Protocol beta is now live!
- South Korea's new president is pro-crypto
- Bored Ape asking for KYC, just acquired CryptoPunks
- EtherRock listed for 444 Wei instead of 444 ETH...whoops
- GoG Pre Alpha Demo Leak
- The MICA regulation is coming soon to a neighbourhood near you!
- Minecraft Automated Market Maker since 2012
1. Web3 levels of innovation by Derek Lau
An interesting dive into innovation in Web3 Gaming by Derek Lau. 5 levels and counting.
2. The interest in NFTs and metaverse is falling, according to Google Trends
Time to build, frens. Learn how to get the best out of the situation mentioned in point 8.
3. Everai continues building, mint date announced
This week, the Everai universe breakdown and teasing future merch!
4. Immutable raises $200M in Series C
Immutable raised $200M from Tencent, Animoca Brands and Fabric Ventures, bringing the company's value to $2.5 billion.
5. Jake Paul hidden crypto wallets and scams
Blockchain never forgets. And Jake Paul is hiding a lot of things.
6. Stake DAO is validated once again by DefiSafety
"This was primarily achieved via great documentation relating to access controls. This protocol does a really good job of explaining to users how contract ownership functions in clear and comprehensible language accessible to all users."
Congrats Teams! The Herd 4ever (while making a heart with my fingers).
7. What is Frontier?
"Frontier is a fast-paced and competitive free-to-play online P2E game, which combines elements of real-time tactics and MOBA"
Piqued your interest? Click on the link below to learn more about the upcoming Ubisoft-backed game.
8. How to make the most out of a bear market by The Defi Edge
9. Sia is Bianca Medici
Stunt or real move? What do you think, anon?
10. Jason Choi sums up 50 Web3 metaverse companies' interviews
"While P2E games are exciting and can evolve into more, the $1T moonshot opportunity lies in creating a virtual world in which games are only one of many use cases. Think a generalised virtual world - with permissionless creation + commerce, defined by immutable digital rights" - Jason Choi
11. LimeWire is relaunching as NFT Marketplace
Top signal? You don't know LimeWire? Oh, My sweet summer anon...
12. Ryan Selkis's thoughts about Biden's Executive Order
The founder of Messari has some thoughts on the latest executive order by Biden.
If you want to know more about it:
13. The Future of Guilds and Gaming by Substreight and Gdalfz
"With the rise of PlayFi and the X-to-earn economy, guilds will likely see an increased role in organising people around new incentive structures in games, products, and services."
14. Lens Protocol beta is now live!
The new project from AAVE is going live on testnet.
15. South Korea's new president is pro-crypto
Conservative Party candidate Yoon Suk-Yeol, a former top prosecutor who promised to deregulate the crypto industry, will become South Korea’s next president.
Fewer taxes, more unicorns.
16. Bored Ape asking for KYC, just acquired CryptoPunks
Yes, you read that right, and Bored ape is asking its holders to KYC.
17. EtherRock listed for 444 Wei instead of 444 ETH...whoops
Fool play or fat fingers?
18. GoG Pre Alpha Demo Leak
Alpha drawing near!
19. The MICA regulation is coming soon to a neighbourhood near you!
The MICA regulation will be voted on March 14, and it's important to know more about it. But like always - DYOR.
20. Minecraft Automated Market Maker since 2012
One 2012 Minecraft project was already using constant product AMM, years before DeFi. Well played, gamers. World domination is near.
That's all, folks! Have a great week!