Happy New Year Troops ! This week : A lot of Axie news, alphas on betas, Square Enix, and some predictions for 2022.
- Cr0ss.eth is speaking the truth on Twitter. If you’re reading this, follow BlackPool and own BPT : YGMI
- A lot of news and teasing for Axie Infinity.
Jiho the cofounder of Axie Infinity is dropping alphas on his Twitter about the new iteration of Axie, Axie Origin.
Axie Origin is a new modification of the Axie battle system.
A teaser video of Axie Land dropped mixing the original graphics with 3D animations.
If you want to learn more about Axie Land, Zio created a summary of the Land Dev Journal article of the official Axie Newsletter “The Lunacian”. Ready to learn everything about Lunacia ?
To conclude, Axie wishes you a Happy New Year and resumes some of the most impactful news of 2021 in a thread, some examples :
- Over 1.3 billion USD of value for the community treasury over the last 365 days
- Axie is the #1 NFT project of all time by total volume and number of unique holders
- Interested in soccer club management? Footium is offering you the opportunity to apply to their Beta.
With an extremely enthusiastic and engaged core community already showing in the Footium Discord the project sold out 3060 NFT clubs in 23 minutes boasting ~1000 individual club owners.
The secondary market sales are starting to heat up. Division 8 clubs have seen their floor rise over 4x since initial minting with only around 1.5% of total clubs listed. It appears a few other communities have found Footium.
We recently got some visibility of the gameplay with a simulation season for the Division 1 clubs
After we start beta testing with the team and understanding the early parameters of the game, we will step up our search for budding football manager scholars!
If you’d like to register your preliminary interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share with us your proudest moment in a football manager or football related game.
Keep your eyes peeled for more news on Footium as we explore the Beta!
- To continue on the soccer theme, the latest podcast by Ledger is with Pierre Duperrin, Lead Blockchain Engineer at Sorare.
- The TCG Blockchain game Skyweaver is currently in soft launch and live on Polygon Mainnet! Time to test your might in this NFT Trading Card Game !
- Sebastien Borget, the co-founder and COO of The Sandbox is teasing us with not one new Play To Earn but many more to come. What are your predictions ?
- The artist Stish explains that he earns more money playing Sorare than in 18 years of Spotify streaming. What a difference web3 can make.
- Andrew Steinworld, host of the podcast Zima Red did a thread on NFT and his prediction for 2022 : he is talking P2E, Gaming, Guilds, and more …
“Gaming defensibility will have to beef up (everyone can compete on yield but the real moat is from the “fun” factor”
- Play & Earn is one of the futures of Gaming, but be careful in the jungle, not all apes are good ones. ChairGtables found out that the NFT Fighting Game : Nifty Ape Nation is using a template from Unreal Engine. REKT.
- Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda wrote about NFT, Metaverse and Blockchain-based games in its New Year’s Letter.
“I see 2021 not only as “Metaverse: Year One,” but also as “NFTs: Year One” (...) blockchain games, which have emerged from their infancy and are at this very moment entering a growth phase, are built upon the premise of a token economy and therefore hold the potential to enable self-sustaining game growth”
- A point of view not shared by Lars Doucet, a blockchain and gaming specialist, who’s putting in light some interesting information and questions.
"It's not possible to set up a system where every player should expect a net payout, and also have a sustainable ecosystem long term. You're just paying out current players from new players, and it breaks when growth stops.”
- To finish let’s begin this year with some food for the brain, without leaving the metaverse but by going to the theatre. Pop Corn is on me !
The new Matrix is out, go take a look and make your own review. Red or blue?
Belle, the new movie from Mamoru Hosoda, is taking you in the metaverse where you can be another person, but is that what you really want?
That’s all Folks ! Have a great year and week and see you soon on Twitch !