Another busy week in the ecosystem - is StepN a move-to-earn? by 0xAiko; NFTFactory comes out with a big announcement, we take a look Inside the Gucci Metaverse Strategy and their 10KTF drip drop, Raymond chng takes us on a journey through the two tokens dilemma and TIffany & Co is entering Web3, with Tom Sachs!
Table of Contents:
- Is StepN a move to earn? By 0xAiko
- Illuvium Tokenomics explained
- Yuga Labs Pitch Deck - Fake or Real?
- Guild of Guardians pre-alpha is here!
- Naomi Osaka joins FTX
- A New Witcher Game is coming (soon™)
- Building Expansive NFT Universes: CC0, Fidelity, & On-Chain Bundling, by Simon de la Rouviere
- Rendezvous Equity closes its position in Sandbox
- 0xArthur gets hacked
- CryptoFashion by Matti Gag
- Bridgewater is investing in crypto
- NFT Factory has launched in Paris
- Inside Gucci's strategy with the Metaverse and NFTs
- The doors are reposting the Apes
- A16z is leading the financing of Yuga Labs
- The two $tokens dilemma, by Raymond Chng
- Immutable & Gamestop are building a marketplace together
- Christopher Alexander, a pioneer in game narration, architecture and design theory passes away
- Oncyber is evolving
- You're a Law student and want to go into web3? 👇
- Disclosure DAO, DID and NFTS are coming up, by Chris Bummer
- EthCC tickets were scalped but are non transferable : REKT
- Professor Jun is telling his story
- Tiffany & Co enters Web3 with Tom Sachs
- BAYC Mercato
- Frosties creators got rekt - an ex-lawyer point of view
- LinkedIn is hell, Vol. Web3
- Regulation is coming (again)
- Kilimanjaro pls stop! I'm melting!
- Gucci 10KTF NFT Drip dropped
1. Is StepN a Move-To-Earn? By 0xAiko
"For the social element, web3 SocialFi is difficult to attract users due to web2 user habits. STEPN instead, is a game that makes players connect with each other, share strategies and comedic moments" - Aiko
2. Illuvium Tokenomics explained
In this video, Illuvium Insider takes a deep dive into the tokenomics and economy of the game.
- What is the overall economic philosophy of Illuvium?
- What is the difference between ILV and sILV2?
- What is staking, and why would someone want to stake in the Illuvium Protocol?
- What is revenue distribution, and how does someone take part in it?
- What is Illuvium Land, and want is the benefit of owning land?
- What is Illuvitars, and what do you get when you acquire these NFTs?
- How does merch, esports, partnerships, etc tie into the Illuvium economy?
- What do the tokenomics of additional Illuvium games look like?
3. Yuga Labs Pitch Deck - Fake or Real?
Apparently, Yuga Labs Pitch Deck leaked. Do you think it's the real one, anon?
4. Guild of Guardians pre-alpha is here!
Help. I'm not sleeping anymore.
The new episode from the official podcast is out! A really great one to listen to with Justin Hulog, Immutable Chief Studio Officer.
5. Naomi Osaka joins FTX
6. A New Witcher Game is coming (soon™)
7. Building Expansive NFT Universes: CC0, Fidelity, & On-Chain Bundling by Simon de la Rouviere
NFT creative universes are undergoing an exciting phase of wild experimentation: emphasising free IP, new economics, and remixing. As these universes develop, there’s three key components that can help foster success:
1) Permissive licensing, primarily in the form of Creative Commons Zero (CC0)
2) An emergent focus on low fidelity + metadata that ignites the imagination.
3) By categorizing metadata into on-chain bags, projects can direct expansion through bundling.
8. Rendezvous Equity closes its position in Sandbox
...and they bought some in NFT Worlds.
9. 0xArthur gets hacked
Unfortunately, it even happens to the best. Go buy a Ledger, anon.
10. CryptoFashion by Matti Gag
There are some ground rules that have to be established. First one is clear: NO CRYPTO MERCH. You can wear it at home but I would still recommend getting rid of it so you do not get tempted. Wearing crypto merch is 1. Unfashionable 2. Irresponsible. There are other ways of signaling your wealth.
11.Bridgewater is investing in crypto
"It’s the clearest signal to date that the world’s largest hedge fund, currently with $150 billion in assets under management (AUM), is taking crypto seriously as an asset class – aside from founder Ray Dalio’s announcement in May 2021 of a personal investment in bitcoin (BTC)."
12. Nft Factory launches in Paris
13. Inside Gucci's strategy with the Metaverse and NFTs
A conversation with Robert Triefus (Executive Vice President, Brand & Customer Engagement) and Nicolas Oudinot (EVP New Businesses and Gucci VAULT CEO)
14. The doors are reposting the Apes
(Because their song was used in the Otherside trailer)
15. A16z is leading the financing of Yuga Labs
Web2 meets Web3 is where the money is.
16. The two $tokens dilemma, by Raymond Chng
The decision to invest in a game’s $slp token depends on the stage the game is in (rising player base/decreasing), its utility and the game’s token sinks. For obvious reasons $slp is not a good investment, you would have lost money.
17. Immutable & Gamestop are building a marketplace togethr
After the announcement and the debacle from just a few months ago, Gamestop and Immutable ar still a thing.
18. Christopher Alexander, a pioneer in game narration, architecture and design theory, passed away
He was seen as the father of the pattern language movement.
19. Oncyber is evolving
20. You're a law student and want to go into web3? 👇
Ryne Miller wrote an interesting thread on it.
Here is also a Twitter list for web3 and law by the bulletin writer.
Yeah, I graduated from law school. Doxx.
21. Disclosure DAO, DID and NFTS are coming up by Chris Bummer
A long but interesting read for the first crypto-native disclosure system for DeFi by Chris Bummer.
22. EthCC tickets were scalped but are non-transferable : REKT
23. Professor Jun tells story
24. Tiffany & Co enters Web3, with Tom Sachs
25. BAYC Mercato
Madonna got an Ape - she's a crypto virgin no more.
26. Frosties creators got rekt - an ex-lawyer point of view
27. LinkedIn is hell, Vol. Web3
the description of this point is on LinkedIn (lel)
28. Regulation is coming (again)
A political point of view by Kristin Smit.
29. Kilimanjaro pls stop! I'm melting!
French artists going at it again!
30. Gucci 10KTF NFT Drip dropped
We talked about it last week and here they are!
That's all Folks! Have a great week!
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.