BlackPool Bulletin #14
We know that our troops need to be one step ahead of the markets so our apes gathered the latest news about Play & Earn, NFTs, and Blockchain Games from the week.
This week: Apes Aping into $APE, Proof of Work not banned by MICA, Heineken Meta Beer, Gucci x 10KTF, Gaming in Africa and find Kennel looking for their Bored Ape next to you.
Table of Content:
- Mint your MetaWear with Gucci x 10KTF
- European Union could be the global crypto centre
- How can crypto games go mainstream, with Illuvium
- Tokenise Virtual Economies by Salvatore azr
- Smol Pénis , Real Scam
- Why Gamers hate NFTs by The Defiant
- Gaming in Africa with Hugo Tobi by Joakim Achrén
- Why digital currencies deserve a better reputation
- MICA: Proof of Work is not banned
- Guild Of Guardians Open Beta and new gameplay
- The future of VR by Unai.one
- Larva Labs secret puzzle finally resolved
- Crypto Systems Thinking by Defi Edge
- Doodle SXSW Token Gated NFT Retail Drop with Shopify
- 6529's Punks x Yuga analysis
- Zima Red - The Evolution of Play-to-Earn with Beryl Li
- F1 Delta Time lost its F1 license
- RTFKT is not happy about its Sandbox drop
- What makes games successful by Raymond Chng
- McKinsey is bullish on DAO and the new work organisation
- $APE Thread List. Everything that happened in 3 days.
- RuneScape created the next generation of innovators and builders
- FWB for beginners by Sarahlu
- Game and Roblox by Another Podcast
- Heineken Meta Fresh virtual Beer
- Vitalik "Tom Brady clone", according to Time's article quote tweets
- Universal Music is building a virtual music group
- Yuga Labs Metaverse - OtherSide
1. Mint your MetaWear with Gucci x 10KTF
Wagmi-San is back. You can now mint clothes for your avatar depending on what you have in your wallet and Gucci is joining the party with 5000 special crystal balls allowing you to access a unique Alessandro Michele (Gucci Artistic Director) and Wagmi-San NFT.
2. European Union could be the global crypto centre
According to Patrick Hansen, Head of Strategy and Biz Dev at Unstoppable DeFi and RegTrax contributor for the European Union, the EU should embrace crypto for :
- Digital sovereignty
- Financial independence.
- Economic revival.
More about it in the thread 👇
3. How can crypto games go mainstream, with Illuvium
4 main questions are answered by Paul Baron and Crypto Stache, crypto gaming influencers.
1. How big do you think crypto games can become, and in what timeline?
2. What are the biggest headwinds for crypto gaming to become mainstream?
3. What can the crypto games industry do better to accelerate adoption?
4. In your perfect world, what does the crypto games space look like 10 years from now?
4. Tokenise Virtual Economies by Salvatore azr
When it comes to economies, engagement is the key to success. The total value a product or service can generate is ultimately determined by its engagement. Simply put, if no one’s using something, that thing doesn’t generate value.
Today, if you lose the motivation to own a digital copy of a game, you’re not allowed to sell it. We have the ability to take the tradable aspects from the physical world and replicate them in the digital world, but publishers choose not to.
5. Smol Pénis , Real Scam
Sign something, get something (REKT)
6. Why gamers hate NFTs by The Defiant
The Defiant team dives into the bad and the wrong of gaming NFTs in this interesting video.
7. Gaming in Africa with Hugo Tobi by Joakim Achrén
Joakim Achrén interviewed Hugo Tobi, the founder and CEO of Maliyo Games, a mobile games studio based in Lagos, Nigeria.
They talk about the gaming ecosystem in Africa and what Hugo sees as the next steps in growing the games industry in Africa.
8. Why digital currencies deserve a better reputation
Cryptocurrency’s journey to mainstream acceptance is almost complete. Therefore, now is the time to overcome our often unfounded fears and to embrace the financial freedom, security and convenience it offers.
9. MICA : Proof of Work is not banned
Good news, but big things coming ahead.
10. Guild Of Guardians Open Beta and new gameplay
Wen, my precious GoG? Stop teasing me!
11. The future of VR by Unai.one
The future of VR is ahead. Will Unai be the next big thing?
12. Larva Labs secret puzzle finally resolved
13. Crypto Systems Thinking by Defi Edge
Learn from the master directly on Twitter.
14. Doodle SXSW Token Gated NFT Retail Drop with Shopify
Shopify collaborated with Doodle for an exclusive merch drop in SXSW.
15. 6529's Punks x Yuga analysis
6529 analyses the acquisitions of Punks and Meebits by Yuga Labs.
16. Zima Red - The Evolution of Play-to-Earn with Beryl Li
The co-founder of YGG is interviewed in this 1-hour long podcast.
17. F1 Delta Time lost its F1 licence
Bad news for this NFT based game based on F1...
18. RTFKT is not happy about its Sandbox drop
And they are telling the world.
19. What makes games successful by Raymond Chng
World of Warcraft can teach many things, young padawan.
20. McKinsey is bullish on DAO and the new work organisation
Employee experience is one of the most important aspects of the well-being of a company and Mckinsey wrote an article about it.
Bullish as well, Hatashi, Bullish as well... 🐘🐘🐘
21. $APE Thread List. Everything that happened in 3 days.
Thanks Marc for this TLDR.
Table of Threads :
- NFTX BoredApe Vault emptied in a flash
- Scammers and phishing sites are hunting for fresh meat
- Sandwich bot got BRRRRRRRR'd (and in fact not)
- Single Kennel looking for his BAYC / MAYC in your neighbourhood
2. NFTX BoredApe Vault emptied in a flash
3. Scammers and phishing sites are hunting for fresh meat
4. Sandwich bot got BRRRRRRRR'd (and in fact not)
5. Single Kennel looking for his BAYC / MAYC in your neighbourhood
22. RuneScape has created the next generation of innovators and builders
These long nights and days in front of your computer were not for nothing.
23. FWB for beginners by Sarahlu
Sarahlu thread explaining Friends With Benefits for beginners.
24. Game and Roblox by Another Podcast
Are there more gamers today? Are more 10 years old playing games today than they did 10 years ago?
25. Heineken Meta Fresh Beer
Try to taste/test this new beer in Decentraland.
26. Vitalik "Tom Brady clone", according to Time's article quote tweets
And he even has a good sense of humor.
And Tom responded - What a catch (wink wink).
27. Universal Music is building a virtual music group
Kingship, which exists solely in digital form, will have its own website and presence on messaging platform Discord, and will eventually produce new music and give virtual performances in the metaverse, a loose term commonly used to describe a place where the physical and digital worlds meet.
28. Yuga Labs Metaverse - OtherSide
That's all, folks! Have a great week!
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.