This week in the news: Everai website is live, Vitalik stands with Ukraine, the first play & earn chess game is out, FTX is everywhere and Guild Of Guardians Closed Beta is coming.
GM GM Shaq!
Table of Contents:
- OpenSea Phishing Attack
- Skyweaver Chief Storyteller interview and more Lore
- CheckMate, Mate
- Dolce & Gabbana & UNXD NFTs
- Guild Of Guardians Pre-Alpha
- Everai "Behind The Art" and Website is live
- Play & Earn types of gamers by Quirky Qwerty
- Risk & rewards by TradeButWhy
- Axie February Dev Update
- FTX Gaming: FTX new service to Web3 Companies
- BAYC hack victim sues Opensea
- Ethereum's 2016 DAO hacker identity revealed
- Daft Punk is back (but not with NFTs)
- OGame: New Generation
- Axie Infinity exceeds $4 billion in sales
- Blockchain Gaming & Polygon by Ryan Wyatt
- FTX Fashion & Luxury
- Sotheby's got punk'd
- Vitalik stands with Ukraine
- Illuvium will be the 'definition of a fair launch', according to its co-founder
- The role of NFTs in gaming by Animoca Brands
- From Play to Earn to Play and Earn by Philip La
- Web3 and Metaverse structure by Messari
- Communities above art and utilities by Wholelottajuju
1. OpenSea Phishing Attack
There's a lot of noise around what people call the OpenSea hack, so here are a few Twitter threads to help understand it better. Seems fishier than what people thought.
2. Skyweaver Chief Storyteller interview and more lore
NFT Insider interviewed Michael Sanders, the Chief Storyteller at Skyweaver.
We’ve seen the frustration that inconsistent or slow balance patches can create for the communities of other games, so ensuring we had a regular and frequent cadence for balance patches was important as a means of creating consistency for our players.
Skyweaver lore is now updated! If you want to know more about it, the official website is the place to be.
3. CheckMate, Mate
The first Web3 Chess game is coming, its Alpha Launch set for March 17, 2022.
4. Dolce & Gabbana & UNXD NFTs
Dolce & Gabbana announced its new drop, in collaboration with UNXD.
5. Guild Of Guardians Pre-Alpha
Guild Of Guardians is picking up speed with new abilities and the upcoming Pre-Alpha demo.
The registration process for the Pre-Alpha demo is open:
Guild Of Guardians also reacted to the recent situation in Ukraine:
6. Everai "Behind The Art" and Website is live
Everai website is live! Go on https://www.everai.xyz/ to know more about the lore, the roadmap and the game itself!
7. Play & Earn types of gamers by Quirky Qwerty
Quirky Qwerty wrote an interesting thread on the two types of P&E players - the Farmers and the Consumers and what these two approaches have in store for the ecosystem.
8. Risk & rewards by TradeButWhy
Tradebutwhy wrote up an excellent thread on the risk and rewards of trading.
"Good trades have asymmetry: the reward if you win should be many multiples of what you risk losing."
9. Axie February Dev Update
New Origin info, answers to Community Land questions and the discussion around RON - everything you need to know can be found in the Axie February Dev Update.
10. FTX Gaming: FTX new service to Web3 Companies
Ok now it's official, FTX is everywhere...wen FTX Fashion?
11. BAYC hack victim is sues OpenSea
After the OpenSea bug (or hack) caused a man to lose ownership of his Bored Ape, he proceeded to sue the NFT Marketplace.
12. Ethereum's 2016 DAO hacker identity revealed
Crypto journalist Laura Shin published a book recently and revealed the identity of Ethereum's 2016 DAO hacker.
13. Daft Punk is back (but not with NFTs)
Daft Punk is back with a re-edition of their 1997 album "Homework"
14. OGame: New Generation
Remember OGame? Ametel01 sure does. As he played a lot of OGame when he was younger, he now decided to build an implementation of it where Planets are NFTs and resources ERC20 tokens.
15. Axie Infinity exceeds $4 billion in sales
The Play-to-Earn blockchain game, Axie Infinity, has become the first NFT series to cross US$4 billion in sales.
16. Blockchain Gaming & Polygon by Ryan Wyatt
I think things like having governance tokens and allowing communities to really weigh in on developer decisions, macro level decisions and having users feel like they’re a part of things can help. Over time, this could help that user base build up and provide more stability
-Ryan Wyatt, Polygon Studios CEO
17. FTX Fashion & Luxury
Ok, Anon, FTX Fashion and Luxury is really happening. Nice look, SBF!
18. Sotheby's got punk'd
After announcing the BIGGEST sale of CryptoPunks ever Sotheby's got some bad news. The owner withdrew their offer.
19. Vitalik stands with Ukraine
The Russo-Canadian developer stands with Ukraine.
20. Illuvium will be the 'definition of a fair launch', according to its co-founder.
Kieran Warwick, Illuvium co-founder, is advertising what kind of a fair launch Illuvium will be.
21. The role of NFTs in gaming by Animoca Brands
Yat Siu is discussing the role of NFTs Gaming with Henri Arslanian in the "The Future of Money" podcast.
22. From Play to Earn to Play and Earn by Philip La
Philip La comes in with his view on the economy and reasons to play Axie Infinity, and how games should evolve from the Play-to-Earn to the Play-and-Earn model.
23. Web3 and the structure of the Metaverse by Messari
Messari came up with an explainer on how Web3 is divided and what improvements are to be made before we achieve the 'real' Metaverse.
24. Communities above art and communities by Wholelottajuju
Wholelottajuju explains why community is more important than anything in his recent thread, focusing on projects that had immense success by focusing on it.
Have a good week, the Blackpool bulletin writer stands against tyranny and hope our fellow Russians and Ukrainians apes are safe.